Sep 22, 2008

Never Enough

I now have another project on top of getting a new computer. I want to attach my computer to a recliner so I can play games while relaxing in the living room. The budget I've decided on for this project is roughly $100. I can get a lcd mount arm through work for about $40, which would be the most expensive part. Then I just have to get some wood to build a frame around the chair on which to mount my computer, keyboard and mouse. The creative excitement this project gives me reminds me of building with legos when I was younger. Having a vision of some completed piece of work and then making it happen always gave me such a satisfied feeling.

As for my other project, being ahead financially this month is wearing my pockets thin. I managed to find a gaming desktop for $500 on Craigslist and I want it so freaking bad. It was easier when I knew I couldn't get anything, let alone the $1200+ computer that I wanted. Now I have a very decent, very cheap computer within my grasp, and the cash to pay for it. That is if I completely ignore most of my upcoming expenses like rent and groceries. But who needs food or a roof? That's always been my problem. I decide I want something, I research the crap out of it trying to find the best deal and somewhere along the way all that wanting turns into needing and I decide I have to get it. I mean, before I was planning on spending over a grand on a comp, now I can get one for $500...so naturally I'm saving $500 right? I swear to god the logic makes sense...somehow.

I think I need to be content with building this chair and just let that occupy my bored brain.

No comments: